Several national surveys confirm that women, on average, outperform men’s investment gains.
Between 1991 and 1996, The University of California reviewed 35,000 brokerage accounts and found that women outperformed men by 0.94% every year.
In 2018, financial services firm Fidelity reviewed more than 8 million investment accounts. They discovered that women not only save 0.4% more than men, but their investments also earn 0.4% more per year than those of men. That may not sound like much of a difference, but Fidelity’s math shows that over a lifetime, “using a 22-year-old starting out with a salary of $50,000 a year, a woman investor will outpace her male counterpart by more than $250,000.” That may mean the difference between eating beans and hot dogs regularly in your golden years, versus having a nice juicy steak once a week!
In 2020, a Goldman Sachs survey found that 43% of women-managed mutual funds outperformed their benchmark in 2020, compared to just 41% of those managed by men.
And in down markets—such as in 2015—on average, women lost 2.5% of their stock portfolio value, while men lost 3.8%.
Read the feature article in this month’s magazine now to get a comprehensive look at the differences between women’s and men’s investment success.
When you read this article in the May 2021 issue of our Magazine, you get an overview of why these differences occur between women’s and men’s investing strategies—and the nine key factors that hold women back from performing even better!
Plus, you get practical steps for overcoming all the hurdles and building a bigger nest egg for yourself:
- Learn as much as you can about money. Discover easy ways to test your financial IQ and get specific resources for learning and improving your score—when you read this article now.
- Negotiate a higher salary. Get some great resources for guiding you about how to ask for a raise—in this article now.
- Start saving and investing early. Understand how compounding is much more powerful at a young age, when you read this article now.
- Take a little more risk to boost your investment returns. Specific guidance about mixing risk with caution to boost your portfolio—when you read this now.
- Set a tangible financial goal. How to set goals that you can achieve—and celebrate when you reach them!
- Build an emergency fund. The importance of an emergency fund—and best guidelines for how to do it, when you read this article now!
- Invest for retirement. Get advice about how to rely on more than just Social Security income in your golden years—when you read this article now!
- Reconsider paying for your children’s education. Learn about three alternate options for financing your child’s college costs, when you read this article now!
- If you opt for a professional financial advisor, do your research carefully. How to choose a financial advisor who is worth it and can help you prosper—in this article now!
In this feature article in the May 2021 issue of our Magazine, you’ll learn about great strategies for succeeding with investing, to build wealth for your retirement. Read this article now, and get everything else in this issue of our magazine, too, including:
- The Women’s Guide to Maximizing Wealth: Why Women’s Portfolios Outperform Men’s; the True Cost of Kids; and Understanding Family Finances
- These 5 Wall Street Bets Stocks Actually Have Staying Power: The Reddit trading frenzy created a lot of volatility, but it may have uncovered a handful of stocks that still have room to grow.
- 3 Industrial Metals Stocks Helped by America’s Recovery: An economic recovery from the pandemic, housing and (potential) infrastructure boom, and surging demand for materials is driving these 3 metals stocks to all-time highs.
- 4 Global Central Banks You Can Actually Buy Shares In: Direct investment in a central bank like the U.S. Federal Reserve may sound like a dream, but for some global investors it’s a reality.
- My Two Favorite Energy Stocks Today: Remember just over a decade ago when the subprime mortgage crisis made homebuilders a bargain? That’s where energy stocks are today.
- These Sectors are Benefiting Most from America Reopening: With growth stocks cooling off, investors can find opportunities in sectors poised to flourish as America reopens.
- 3 Free Websites that Will Help You Become a Better Investor: Professional investors have access to research tools most of us will never see—these three websites can help level the field.
- The Small-Cap Stock Rally is Just Getting Started. Here’s Why: Returns in the S&P 600 small-cap index have more than doubled those of the S&P 500 this year, but is that outperformance sustainable?
- 3 Positive Outcomes from the GameStop Fiasco: While the GameStop frenzy was largely a losing proposition for individual investors, it could lead to some positive outcomes.
- You Can Make Money Off this Popular ETF—Even as it Falls: The recent correction in growth stocks hit one ETF particularly hard, but there’s profit to be had if it happens again.
- Invest in these Commodities to Protect Against Inflation Concerns: If market history holds, then the current bull market will be longer than the previous one. Invest accordingly now!
This latest issue of the Federation’s Magazine is ready for you to access now, to discover the differences between women’s and men’s investing strategies and tactics … and so much more. Read it now!
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with a FREE Financial Freedom Federation Bronze Club Membership. Your FREE membership entitles you to special content previews such as this one—previews of premium content that highlight key investing topics, drawn from Financial Freedom Magazine, Premium Reports, and Investor Briefings. You’ll get more previews of premium investing and lifestyle content, such as:
- 21 Ways to a Richer Retirement
- How to Secure a Lifetime of Income
- 6 Ways to Pick Monster Growth Stocks
- How to Be a Successful Investor for Life
- 7 Ways to Build and Protect Your Wealth
- Secrets to Finding the Market’s Best Bargains
- How to Find the Best Undervalued Stocks
- Secrets to Early-Stage Stock Profits
- How to Squeeze an Extra 50% Profit Out of Every Trade
- 10 Rules for Big Profits in Growth Stocks
- Legal Marijuana Meets Vermont
- Investing in Monopoly isn’t Just for Kids
- Fasten Your Seatbelt (and Buy This Stock)
- What Warren Buffett Knows That You Don’t—Keys to Buffett’s success
- The Best Places to Retire
- When to Start Taking Social Security
Content previews will be delivered directly to your email in-box three days a week—when you become a FREE Financial Freedom Federation Bronze Club Member right now!
And you’re also entitled to our FREE report, 5 Steps to Your Financial Freedom when you join today—learn how to get started on living a stress-free and enjoyable life and retirement. With your FREE copy of this report, you’ll learn:
- How to determine your minimum investment level
- How to figure out your core holdings
- How to outline your financial objectives
- How to always allocate smartly
- All about the importance of diversifying
It really is all FREE—risk-free for you to sign up today, get your FREE report, and get started on the path to your own financial freedom!
Act now to claim your copy of this FREE report and become a FREE Financial Freedom Federation Bronze Club member today!
5 Steps to Your Financial Freedom
Get your FREE copy of this special report, and put yourself on the path to financial independence and security! Check out how to get started toward financial freedom—and to achieve and maintain it, to enjoy life now and in retirement!
When you download this FREE report today, you’ll be instantly enrolled as a FREE member of the Financial Freedom Federation Bronze Club—get continued FREE access to this special report and regular previews of premium investing content, delivered to your email inbox three days a week.