For many decades, dividends were mostly paid by blue chip, financially-healthy, conservative companies—just the types of stocks that are attractive to retired investors who don’t want to take on excess risk but love the cash flow endemic to dividend-paying stocks.
It used to be rare to see a high-growth company issuing dividends, other than Intel (INTC), that began paying dividends in 1992. The tech boom and bust of the early 2000s scared a lot of investors away from technology companies, so many of the more established tech companies decided a dividend strategy was one way to lure investors back. Microsoft (MSFT) began paying dividends in 2003, and Cisco (CSCO) followed in 2011.
And in this Premium Report Understanding Dividend Investing, you’ll get a detailed chart by industry of the types and numbers of companies paying dividends—plus, the chart includes each industry’s average dividend yield.
Use this chart to help guide your dividend-investing stock choices, to find sectors and companies that pay good dividends.
Many savvy, long-term investors realize dividend investing is a great method to not only build extra appreciation into your portfolio, but also to keep risk down during uncertain economic and market cycles.
During volatile periods, investors often flock to dividend-paying stocks as a way to create cash flow in their portfolios, as well as to take advantage of their more stable characteristics which may help to mitigate any losses from more speculative stocks that may decline more precipitously.
When you read our Premium Report Understanding Dividend Investing, you’ll also get the details about dividend reinvesting:
- What is dividend reinvesting?: What, exactly, is dividend reinvesting? How does it work? And what type of compounding effect can you realize from dividend reinvesting? Get answers in this Premium Report, including an easy-to-use reference chart that demonstrates how dividend reinvesting is like getting free money!
- And what is a Dividend Reinvesting Plan (DRIP)?: Find out how companies’ and closed-end funds’ DRIPs allow you to automatically reinvest cash dividends. Read about it now in this report!
- The “rules” about DRIPs: Learn about buying and selling shares in a DRIP in bulk (to reduce transaction fees). Get advice about how the timing works for trading in DRIPs. And learn how to buy DRIP shares commission-free—and sometimes at a discount off the current share price—with this strategy.
This Premium Report Understanding Dividend Investing is your guide to making a dividend-investing strategy work for you—to help you gain and maintain financial freedom and fund a rewarding and enjoyable retirement for you!
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with a FREE Financial Freedom Federation Bronze Club Membership. Your FREE membership entitles you to special content previews such as this one—previews of premium content that highlight key investing topics, drawn from Financial Freedom Magazine, Premium Reports, and Investor Briefings. You’ll get more previews of premium investing and lifestyle content, such as:
- 21 Ways to a Richer Retirement
- How to Secure a Lifetime of Income
- 6 Ways to Pick Monster Growth Stocks
- How to Be a Successful Investor for Life
- 7 Ways to Build and Protect Your Wealth
- Secrets to Finding the Market’s Best Bargains
- How to Find the Best Undervalued Stocks
- Secrets to Early-Stage Stock Profits
- How to Squeeze an Extra 50% Profit Out of Every Trade
- 10 Rules for Big Profits in Growth Stocks
- Legal Marijuana Meets Vermont
- Investing in Monopoly isn’t Just for Kids
- Fasten Your Seatbelt (and Buy This Stock)
- What Warren Buffett Knows That You Don’t—Keys to Buffett’s success
- The Best Places to Retire
- When to Start Taking Social Security
Content previews will be delivered directly to your email in-box three days a week—when you become a FREE Financial Freedom Federation Bronze Club Member right now!
And you’re also entitled to our FREE report, 5 Steps to Your Financial Freedom when you join today—learn how to get started on living a stress-free and enjoyable life and retirement. With your FREE copy of this report, you’ll learn:
- How to determine your minimum investment level
- How to figure out your core holdings
- How to outline your financial objectives
- How to always allocate smartly
- All about the importance of diversifying
It really is all FREE—risk-free for you to sign up today, get your FREE report, and get started on the path to your own financial freedom!
Act now to claim your copy of this FREE report and become a FREE Financial Freedom Federation Bronze Club member today!
5 Steps to Your Financial Freedom
Get your FREE copy of this special report, and put yourself on the path to financial independence and security! Check out how to get started toward financial freedom—and to achieve and maintain it, to enjoy life now and in retirement!
When you download this FREE report today, you’ll be instantly enrolled as a FREE member of the Financial Freedom Federation Bronze Club—get continued FREE access to this special report and regular previews of premium investing content, delivered to your email inbox three days a week.